Amazon Kindle Paperwhite E-reader Review
By Cindy Siebert
Manufacturer: Amazon.com, Inc.
Product Name: Kindle Paperwhite E-reader
Model Number: 2013
Price As Tested: $119 (Amazon)
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been self-supplied.
The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite is a 7.3-ounce e-ink book reader with a lighted 6″ display. The latest Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, released on October 8th, is the second generation Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon. In this article, Benchmark Reviews will take a look at the features and specifications of the new Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
First introduced in 2007, the Amazon Kindle e-ink book reader has become the standard by which all e-ink book readers are measured. Since that time, many users have taken to reading books on portable devices such as tablets and smartphones. The new Amazon Kindle Paperwhite aims to convince readers that the e-ink reader still deserves to be your “go to” device for reading.
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Specifications
- 6″, 212 ppi, lighted Paperwhite Screen with e-Carta technology
- Dimensions: 6.7″ tall x 4.6″ wide x .36″ thick
- Weight: 7.3 ounces
- 2 GB Internal Storage with free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life: Up to 8 Weeks
- Wi-Fi: Supports 802.11b/g/n
- Supported Formats: Native support for Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI and PRC; Through conversion HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP are also supported.