MSI MS-98D3 Ultra Low-profile Motherboard Launched
Brings POS System to New Altitudes
MSI, the leading brand of embedded computers recently released a new Mini-ITX embedded board that focuses on advanced POS application. Powered by the 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processor, MS-98D3 brings the POS system to a new level with the capability of multiple processing covering front-end retailing to back-end management at the same time, while keeps the system active and prompt at both ends.
The fast growth of information technology and network communication has made POS no longer in the stereotype of a stand-alone cash register in a store or restaurant, processing simple ordering and checkout works. With increasing POS system connected to network, wireless, or cellular communication to form a networked or even cloud-based POS system, high-end POS host is required by the market. The MS-98D3 is an embedded board designed in response to this demand.
The MS-98D3 is a tailor-made solution for POS system, featuring the ultra low-profile thin Mini-ITX design and the powerful 4th Gen Intel® processor. Complex tasks which include not only multiple ordering/payment data processing and printing, but also inventory management, sales analysis, CRM, financials, warehousing, and store management, can be done by the high-end POS hosts with MS-98D3. With this advanced POS board, true Point-of-Sale control from manufacturing/purchasing, logistics, to retailing is realized, and consequently the executive efficiency is enhanced.
MS-98D3 comes support RJ11 cash drawer, 8 USB and 6 COM ports, with COM1-4 powered and selectable by BIOS instead of H/W jumper, allowing users to friendly configure the COM port power without removing the chassis. Moreover, the 2nd display of MS-98D3 can be connected to an extended monitor or play multimedia files as a local digital signage that shows advertising messages at the shop or restaurant. More features of MS-98D3 are waiting for your experiencing.
• Standard Thin-Mini-ITX form factor with low-profile I/O for compact size embedded PC
• 4th-gen Intel® Core™ processor with new high performance
• Dual-channel DDR3/DDR3L 1333/1600MHz memory up to 16GB
• 2 independent display supported for 2nd monitor
• Multiple video outputs: VGA, LVDS, and internal VGA
• COM1~COM4 support power selection by BIOS
• Support DC-12V out for second monitor (for POS application)
• Support cash drawer function with RJ11 (for POS application)
• 8 USB ports ( 2 x USB 3.0; 6 x USB 2.0) for multiple peripherals connection
• Support SATA 3.0 and mSATA by miniPCIe slot