Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Mechanical Keyboard Review
By David Ramsey
Full Disclosure: Thermaltake Corporation provided the product sample used in this article.
Just a few months ago, full RGB mechanical keyboards were rare beasts, and the inclusion of full per-key RGB lighting commanded a very high price, with some keyboards selling for almost $200.00. Now, prices are coming down rapidly and vendors are starting to compete on features, but how many more features are there left to add? Today Benchmark Reviews looks at the latest entry in the “full color per-key RGB keyboard” market, Thermaltake’s Poseidon Z RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.
Produced by Thermaltake’s Tt eSports division, the Poseidon Z RGB is one of over twenty different keyboards they offer, and one of the most interesting in terms of capabilities.
- 32-bit processor controlling 16.8 million colors per key
- Custom lighting effects including Wave, Arrow Flow, Ripple, Reactive. Fully Lighted, Pulse, and Spectrum Running
- Tt eSports Certified Mechanical key switches
- Mirrored back plate for optimum lighting dispersal
- On-the-fly macro recording
- Full N-key rollover under USB
- 5-year warranty
Let’s take a look at this keyboard in the next section.