Kingston SSDNow mS200 mSATA SSD Line Released
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the addition of 240GB and 480GB capacities to the existing SSDNow mS200 mSATA SSD line. Kingstons SSDNow mS200 mSATA solid-state drive allows system builders and enthusiasts a cost-effective performance boost with quicker boot time and application loads while requiring less power than HDDs.
The mS200s small-form factor is perfect for notebook, tablet and Ultrabook PCs, as well as a variety of embedded systems. It can also be used as a caching device with motherboards that support Intel® Smart Response Technology (SRT) to improve system performance. mS200 has read speeds up to 550MB/s and write speeds up to 520MB/s.
The 30GB, 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB mS200 mSATA SSDs have a caseless, PCB-only design with no moving parts and are backed by a two- or three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston® reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
SSDNow mS200 mSATA
Features & Specifications:
· LSI SandForce 2241 (30GB, 60GB, 120GB) and 2281 (240GB, 480GB) controller with SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) interface: twice as fast as the previous generation, yet more cost-efficient
· mSATA interface: fully compliant with industry standard, easy to fit, guaranteed to work
· NAND Flash memory based: shock-resistant with low power consumption
· Supports Intels SRT: combines capacity advantage of HDD with performance improvements of SSD in dual-storage configuration
· Supports S.M.A.R.T.: monitors the status of your drive
· Supports TRIM: maintains maximum performance on compatible operating systems
· Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s), SATA Rev. 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
· Capacities1: 30GB, 60GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
· Automatic Encryption (AES 128-bit):Password at the drive level ensures secure data protection
· Sequential Read/Write2:30GB 550 MB/s / 510MB/s
60GB 550 MB/s / 520MB/s
120GB 550MB/s / 520MB/s
240GB 540MB/s / 530MB/s
480GB 530MB/s / 340MB/s
· Maximum 4k Read/Write2:30GB up to 86,000/ up to 77,000 IOPS
60GB up to 86,000/ up to 79,000 IOPS
120GB up to 86,000/ up to 48,000 IOPS
240GB up to 72,000/up to 40,000 IOPS
480GB up to 72,000/up to 18,000 IOPS
· Random 4k Read/Write2: 30GB up to 7,500/71,000 IOPS
60GB up to 14,000/77,000 IOPS
120GB up to 17,000/45,000 IOPS
240GB up to 21,000/41,000 IOPS
480GB up to 21,000/13,000 IOPS
· PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 60,000
· Power Consumption: 0.4W Idle / 1.2 (TYP) Read / 1.8W (TYP) Write
· Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
· Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
· Dimensions: 50.88mm x 30mm
· Weight: 6.86g
· TRIM Supported
· Vibration operating: 2.17G
· Vibration non-operating: 20G
· MTTF: 1,000,000 Hrs
30GB two-year warranty with free technical support
60GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB three-year warranty with free technical support
· Total Bytes Written (TBW)3:
30GB: 121TB 3 DWPD4
60GB: 218TB 3 DWPD4
120GB: 337TBW 2 DWPD4
240GB: 585TBW 2 DWPD4
480GB: 1562TBW 2 DWPD4
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide.
2 Based on out-of-box performance. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
3 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Workload (JESD219A).
4 Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD)
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (KDI) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the worlds largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit kingston.com.