Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming Headset Review
By Greg Schepers
Manufacturer: Corsair Components, Inc.
Product Name: VOID Wireless Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset
Model Number: CA-9011132-NA (Wireless) CA-9011130-NA (Wired)
Price As Tested: $129.99 (Amazon | B&H | Newegg)
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Corsair.
In the world of computer peripherals and hardware, most of us are well aware of Corsair’s existence. This is an organization that has well-earned reputation for producing quality components; components that are going to be high-performing, intelligently designed, and very likely to provide its owners with years of service. Therefore, it is no surprise that when Corsair develops a new product, such as the Corsair VOID Wireless Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset, it doesn’t take long before it is in high demand.
If you haven’t heard of Corsair Gaming’s new RGB line, you’re about to get an education. There are three new products in this line, which include the Corsair VOID family of gaming headsets, the Corsair SCIMITAR gaming mouse, and the Corsair STRAFE mechanical gaming keyboard. These devices maintain a symbiotic relationship through the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE). On its website, Corsair explains that, together, these RGB devices are equipped with “groundbreaking new features that are precision forged to help you win.” Considering how many times we’ve seen Corsair back up its claims, there is no reason to doubt the statement regarding the RGB line.
- 16.8 million color options to match your gear and your individual style
- 2.4GHz wireless freedom from up to 40 feet away from your PC
- 16 hours of uninterrupted gaming between charges
- Dolby 7.1 audio, with 0.0 cables
- Efficient 50mm neodymium drivers
- “True Form” shaped, microfiber-wrapped memory foam ear pads enable extended play.
- The noise-cancelling microphone puts your voice in the spotlight – and nothing else
- InfoMic brings critical information to the end of your microphone
- Type: Dolby Headphone 7.1 positional audio
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms @ 1kHz
- Sensitivity: 107dB (+/-3dB)
- Drivers: 50mm
- Connector: USB Type A
- Wireless range: up to 40 feet (12m)
- Battery life: Up to 16 hours
- Type: Unidirectional noise-cancelling condenser with adjustable, rotating boom and infoMic lighting
- Impedance: 2.2k Ohms
- Frequency Response: 100Hz to 10kHz
- Sensitivity: -38dB (+/-3dB)