PAPAGO! P3 Dash Camera Review
By David Ramsey
Full Disclosure: PAPAGO! Inc. provided the product sample used in this article.
Do you need a dash camera? They’re quite common outside of the United States (especially in Russia). These small digital video cameras attach to your windshield or dashboard and continually record video as you drive. Their main purpose is to provide evidence in case of an accident,
The PAPAGO! P3 Dashcam is the company’s top-of-the-line dashboard camera unit, with many extra features beyond just recording what it sees out the windshield. Its Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) includes Stop and Go, LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System) and FCWS (Front Collision Warning System), as well as a number of other capabilities.
Unlike many other Dashcams, the P3 comes equipped with a screen, which can display either the real-time video as it’s being recorded, as well as the time, date, a simple GPS map, and the menu system for viewing and setting the camera’s various options.
- Advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) including Stop and Go, LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System) and FCWS (Front Collision Warning System)
- Supports Driver Fatigue Alarm which drivers can set up the alarm for resting for long hour drive.
- Device alerts you when headlights are necessary for driving conditions
- Built-in map shows current location
- Embedded GPS. Record coordinates, speed, direction and dates while driving.
- Built-in G-sensor supports video file backup when an accident happens
- Supports digital WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) and full HD 1080p high resolution video recording
- Supports screen capture
- Auto turn on once engine starts
- HDMI output supports HDTV playback
- Supports low and high temperature protection
|LCD Display||2.4″, 320 x 240 pixels|
|Image Sensor||Aptina 3.5 mega pixels 1/3″ CMOS sensor|
|Lens||130 degree wide angle|
|Lens Structure||6 glass elements + IR filter|
|GPS Receiver||U-blox 6 latest GPS module Ceramic antenna 25 x 25 x 4 mm|
|G-Sensor||Yaw / Pitch / Roll G sensor|
|Video Format||1080p30 / .TS (AVC/H.264)|
|Storage Memory||SDHD card, 32MB maximum|
|LED Indicators||Red and green indicators|
|Power Supply||12-24V DC input, 5V/1 amp output|
|Power Consumption||4.75-5.25V, 1 amp|
|Operating Temperature||32° – 158° F|
|Storage Temperature||-4° – 176° F|
|Dimensions||3.75″ x 2.5″ x 2.4″|
Let’s take a look at this interesting camera on the next page.