EA Sports FIFA 14 Available for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC
Record 5 Million Fans Play FIFA 14 Demo On Xbox 360, PS3 And PC
Official Xbox Magazine (USA) Declares “FIFA 14 Bigger, Bolder And Better Than Ever” While Gamesaktuell (Germany) Calls FIFA 14 “The Messi Of Football Games – Again!”
Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that EA SPORTS™ FIFA 14 is available in retail stores now throughout North America, and as a digital download on Origin™. The game releases worldwide later this week. More than 5 million* fans worldwide—the most ever for an EA SPORTS game—have played the FIFA 14 demo and the game has received 32 review scores of 9 out of 10 or higher, including five perfect scores. Official Xbox Magazine (USA) declared FIFA 14 was “bigger, bolder, and better than ever” and gave it an Editor’s Choice Award. Gamesaktuell (Germany) awarded FIFA 14 a 9.2/10 and called it “the Messi of football games – again!” JeuxVideo Magazine (France) scored the game 9.5/10 and called it “one of the greatest football games”. Winner of “Best Sports Game” award at gamescom 2013, FIFA 14 is the pinnacle of innovation on this current generation of consoles and makes it easy for fans to bring their FIFA 14 experiences** to the new generation of consoles: between Xbox 360® and Xbox One®, and between PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4.
Fans have been playing the FIFA 14 demo and enjoying early access^ to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team in record numbers. The number of fans who have played the demo has increased 7% year-over-year while the number of fans using the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team Web App, which enables fans to start crafting their ultimate team pre-launch, attracted 1.35 million players—up 86 percent year-over-year—and over 830,000 daily active users.
FIFA 14 features 13 different online*** and offline game modes—including FIFA 14 Ultimate Team and new Co-op Seasons—and delivers the emotion of scoring great goals. Innovations to the award-winning gameplay make the game more authentic and more fun. A new feature called Pure Shot and a brand-new ball physics system transform shooting while Precision Movement delivers the authentic motion of real athletes. This year EA SPORTS Football Club, the heartbeat of FIFA, becomes more connected and more social. Football Club News and Alerts will suggest different areas of the game to connect and engage with friends, such as playing Co-op Seasons together or competing for high score in a skill game. Send friends Football Club gifts such as kits, celebrations and FIFA Ultimate Team Coin Boosts. FIFA 14 includes 33 leagues^^ and more than 600 clubs, making it the most authentic sports game on the planet. Plus, fans playing on Xbox 360^^^ and Xbox One consoles will be able to craft their FIFA 14 Ultimate Team with a mix of legendary players, such as Pelé, playing alongside today’s stars beginning with the launch of the new consoles later this year.
Fans will be able to bring their FIFA 14 Ultimate Team full roster, completed seasons and tournaments, in-game items and in-game currency (coins) to the new consoles so they can access and compete with their squads on either console throughout the season. EA SPORTS Football Club level, XP and select catalogue items such as celebrations and historical kits will also travel to the new consoles along with Seasons progress, including trophy case and leaderboards, Virtual Pro and accomplishments, and select Career Mode rewards.
New features and modes include:
- Precision Movement—Now every step counts as players plant, pivot, cut, and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of real athletes. Player acceleration and deceleration is more realistic with a game-changing effect on gameplay. Players feel more grounded, agile and athletic, and manage their momentum with distinct foot plants and push-offs, delivering the authentic motion of professional players.
- Pure Shot— Shooting has been transformed. Players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net. Well-hit balls feel satisfying and goals are rewarding. As well as quality strikes, players can now shoot while off balance or rushed.
- Real Ball Physics— Strike the ball with more force and finesse. Realistic ball physics now determines the trajectories of balls in game, enabling players to strike the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping or swerving shots, just like real players.
- Protect The Ball—Fend-off and block defenders from the ball while dribbling at any speed. Protect the ball from opponents to control play through midfield and dictate the pace of the match. Plus, out-muscle opponents for position before receiving the ball, then turn defenders to carve out opportunities.
- Teammate Intelligence— Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking. Defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession. Attacking players have new ways to outsmart their opponents and break down defences by creating space for themselves, running along the backline and checking their pace.
- Sprint Dribble Turns— Utilize quick, explosive cuts and turns to beat defenders one-on-one while sprinting with the ball. Players can move in any direction, preserving their natural momentum and maintaining possession of the ball.
- Variable Dribble Touches— The First Touch Control of dribbling varies a player’s touch when dribbling with pace. Skilled players have the touch and control to stand out while less skilled players will experience fewer perfect touches and more uncertainty dribbling, creating opportunities for defenders to win back possession, and placing emphasis on building play through midfield.
- FIFA Ultimate Team—Create your own unique squad of stars to play your style of soccer. Ultimate customization is possible with all-new Chemistry Styles that make every player and every team unique. Like real-world soccer, chemistry influences a team’s performance so building ideal chemistry within a squad enables a team to perform at its best. Each Chemistry Style has a unique effect on the way a player performs by enhancing different player attributes. Different styles can be applied at every position. Plus, test your talents in the popular Seasons mode—now expanded to 10 divisions— or in online single games and tournaments.
- FIFA Ultimate Team Legends—Craft your ultimate dream team with a mix of legendary players—including Pelé—competing alongside today’s stars only on Xbox. Each Legend will have unique attributes that will showcase the skills and flair that made them legendary at the height of their careers, and may be included in Gold Packs or available through the Transfer Market beginning with the launch of the Xbox One.
- Skill Games–A competitive practice mode to learn or master the fundamental skills necessary to compete at FIFA 14. Become a better player, faster, no matter what your skill level, competing against yourself or friends in all-new mini-games.
- Co-op Seasons Mode–Play with a friend online against two other online friends anywhere in the world in 2v2 ranked online play, trying to climb up to Division One, win a League Title and achieve greatness together.
- Match Day Online–Match Day has been expanded to Seasons and Co-op seasons, completely connecting fans playing online to the soccer season for the world’s top leagues, with player form changing throughout the season based on real-world events and performances.
- Career Mode— Search for talent year-round with the new Global Transfer Network that brings the world of professional scouting to life. Develop and refine your own scouting network. Evaluate players to uncover the attributes of ones who could bolster your squad during the transfer windows. A new hub delivers easy navigation, fewer interruptions and live scouting reports.
A mobile version of FIFA 14 launched today as a free download on iPhone®, iPad®, iPod® touch, and Android devices, and features all-new touch controls, which easily allows players to touch the screen to select players, tap to pass or defend, and swipe to shoot. Download FIFA 14 for free on the App Store or Google Play.
FIFA 14 is launching with a dedicated broadcast and digital advertising creative campaign with an all-star cast of sports and celebrity icons. Created by Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam, the 60-second TV commercial depicts FIFA 14 as an armada of fun, with gamers from all over the world gathering together for the most exciting FIFA edition yet. The ‘We are FIFA 14’ campaign features Barcelona and Argentina superstar Lionel Messi, and pro players Gareth Bale, Stephan El Shaarawy, Tim Cahill and Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez ‘, and Drake, all getting their game on, along with other FIFA fans. The film is available online here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhzSM_m-QZQ&feature=plcp and fans can get involved with the online interactive experience at http://www.EASPORTS.COM/WeAreFIFA14.
EA SPORTS FIFA 14**** is available today on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system with Kinect™ from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system with PlayStation Move support, Windows PC, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system.The game will also be available with the launch of the Xbox One on November 19 (North America) and November 21 (Europe), and PlayStation 4 on November 12 (North America) and November 29 (Europe).
Join the EA SPORTS community at http://www.facebook.com/easports. Follow us on Twitter @easportsfifa and use the hash-tag #FIFA14. For information about FIFA 14 visit www.easports.com/fifa. Assets are available at http://info.ea.com.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX™, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.