Microlab MD212 Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
By Greg Schepers
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Microlab.
Microlab has been producing audio products since 1998 and has earned a solid reputation for quality and dependability in the process. Recently, Benchmark Reviews had the opportunity to take a closer look at one of the recent additions to its lineup, the Microlab MD212 Portable Speaker, which targets those individuals that are in need of a portable and lightweight Bluetooth solution. The Microlab MD212 is definitely portable and lightweight, yet it has a number of other attractive features that make it a serious contender among the other diminutive Bluetooth devices on the market.
It is not difficult to understand why the ultra-portable Bluetooth device is gaining more and more traction; it simply delivers better audio performance than the on-board speakers in our smartphones and our tablets. In addition to the quality audio experience generated by the MD212, it also has very good Bluetooth range, it is equipped with a built-in 3.5 mm auxiliary jack, it has a speakerphone option, and it has a pull-out tray for your smartphone or tablet. I encourage you to read on in order to find out everything that the Microlab MD212 has to offer.
Features & Specifications
The Microlab MD212 is a very clean device. In other words, it doesn’t have buttons sticking out all over the place and it is devoid of the lights found on some other devices; you know, the ones that look as if they belong in a 70’s disco. You’re not going to find multimedia controls on it, which was just fine with me since I control my tracks through my smartphone. Again it is clean and simple. However, it has the features you need from a portable Bluetooth speaker.
- Wireless music streaming from your smartphone or tablet
- Built-in Bluetooth. wireless technology with Bluetooth. 2.1 + EDR, HFP, A2DP profiles
- Quality stereo speaker system with built-in amplifier
- Portable speaker, ideal for both indoors and outdoors use
- Incoming call answering function when your smartphone is connected to the speaker
- Pull-out tray to support Smartphones and tablets
- Connects to any 3.5mm stereo jack easily e.g., tablet, PC, notebook, Mp3/Mp4, CD/DVD player, etc.
- Long-life rechargeable battery
- Output Power: 2 Watt RMS
- Power distribution: 1Watt x 2 RMS
- Speaker driver type: 1.5inch x 2
- Speaker rated power: 1.5 Watt x2, 4 ohm
- Power: USB 5 V, or 3.7 V / 1000 mA lithium rechargeable battery
- 2×1 alloy coating drivers to deliver rich and clear sound
- Two power modes – USB or rechargeable Lithium battery powered
- Power Distribution: 2x 1 Watt RMS
- Frequency Range: 150 Hz – 20 kHz
- Speakers: 2x 1.5-Inch Driver Type, 2x 1.5 Watt, 4 Ohm Rated Powe
- Interface: NIL (output), 3.5 mm Stereo Plug, Micro-USB (input), Bluethooth Wireless Technology with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, HFP and A2DP Profiles
- Dimensions: 7.67″ (W) x 2.34″ (H) x 2.24″ (D)
- Weight: 12.7 oz.