Kingston Action Camera microSD Card Review
By Aidan Moore
Manufacturer: Kingston Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name: microSD Action Camera UHS-I U3
Model Number: SDCAC/64GB
Price As Tested: $32.95 (Amazon)
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Kingston.
After a day of shooting intense action video on your GoPro or drone-mounted camera, nothing would be worse than discovering your video footage has been destroyed because of damage to the microSD card containing the footage.
Action camera recordings take place in wet, dirty and extreme temperature conditions. Clearly there is a need for confidence in the reliability of the SD card recording media, and Kingston Technologies has targeted their new Action Camera SDCAC/64GB microSD card directly at this kind of usage, and thrown in high data rate recording for 4K video as well.
In this article for Benchmark Reviews we’ll look at the construction and performance of the 64GB version of the Kingston SDCAC microSD and see how it performs with speed benchmark and environmental testing.
Kingston Action Camera microSD Features
- Incredible performance to capture all life’s experiences
- Just the right size form factor
- Rugged enough to go wherever life takes you
- 16GB-64GB capacities – enough to capture your entire adventure
Kingston Action Camera microSD Specifications
Source:Kingston.com web site:
- Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Performance: 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write, UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)
- microSD dimensions: 11mm x 15mm x 1mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Format: FAT32 (microSDHC 16GB-32GB), exFAT (64GB)
- Operating Temperatures: -25º C to 85º C
- Storage Temperatures: -40º C to 85º C
- Voltage: 3.3V
- Warranty: Lifetime