Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Analog Headset Review
By Hank Tolman
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Roccat.
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past few years, you have undoubtedly become aware of the huge expansion of the eSports industry. What was once dominated by small groups of friends getting together for LAN parties is now a multi-billion dollar a year international industry. I remember fondly the LAN parties of yore, where you packed up your system (CRT monitor included) and carried it over to a friend’s house or local business to battle it out in Unreal Tournament, Quake, or some other multi-player game. Those days are back, albeit without much lugging around of computers. With competitive gaming’s big return comes a renewed desire for gaming equipment that will help give you an edge in battle.
One of the most critical weapons in any gamer’s arsenal is a good gaming headset. A good headset gives you the ability to isolate outside noise while providing detailed, sharp, and clear sound from all sides. A gaming headset also lets you easily and understandably communicate with the other members of your team. In this article, Benchmark Reviews is looking at the Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Analog Headset and compares it directly with other top Gaming Headsets to see what sets it apart and how well it performs.
KAVE XTD 5.1 ANALOG Features
- REAL 5.1 SURROUND SOUND – with speakers aligned at a 12° angle.
- ZERO NOISE TECHNOLOGY – interference isolator cuts down on noise.
- VERSATILE DUAL-MODE REMOTE – for total audio control at your fingertips.
- NOISE-CANCELLING MIC – detachable with mute LED.
- SOLID REMOTE STAND – turns your remote into a desktop remote.
- GAME AND MOVIE MODE – for enhanced, atmospheric audio.
- SUPREME COMFORT – high-comfort, low-weight design.
- ROBUST ENGINEERING – ultra-durable, for hardcore playability.
- TANGLE-PROOF CABLE – for distraction-free gameplay.
|Connector||3.5mm headphone jack|
|Max SPL @1kHz||115 +- 3dB|
|Maximum Input Power||50 mW|
|Driver Unit Material||Neodymium Magnet|
|Vibration Driver Units|
|Max Input Power||300 mW|
|Drive Diameter||4 x 1.5mm|
|Max SPL @1kHz||-32 +- 2dB|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||50dB|
|Impedance||2.2k Ohm +15%|
|5.1 (or higher) sound card|
|USB 2.0 port|