Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z Forged Mechanical Keyboard Review
By Meng Vang
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Thermaltake.
The Thermaltake Poseidon Z Forged is the newest edition to the Poseidon Z family. It comes in with a lot of new features that can be appealing to most gamers. This is the first mechanical keyboard in the Poseidon series to offer programmable macro buttons. In addition to that, Thermaltake is confident that the Poseidon Z Forged will become a long lasting keyboard, so they are offering the same five year warranty as they did with their previous Poseidon mechanical keyboards.
The brushed aluminum finish on the faceplate looks great and provides a heavier weight and durability to the product. The six different lighting levels along with a pulsing effect allows the user to adjust the lighting levels to their desire. Along with its own built-in DAC sound card, headphones can be plugged directly into the back of the keyboard without having to plug them into the computer. Two USB ports are also available at the back next to the built-in headphone and microphone jack. This is perfect for a mouse or a temporary storage device. The wrist rest can be attached via magnets without having to worry about breaking any clips.
With 10 programmable macro keys and five separate profiles to choose from, the Poseidon Z Forged has a total of 50 macro keys in normal mode and 100 macro keys in game mode. And lastly, it comes in two versions with the choice of blue or brown Thermaltake Certified Mechanical Switches. Here at Benchmark Reviews, we are excited to receive the Thermaltake Poseidon Z Forged with blue mechanical switches for this review.
- Fully back-lit mechanical keyboard with aluminum faceplate styling
- Full 104 layout keyboard with 5 dedicated macro keys on each side
- Built-in dual USB port hub and USB sound-card with headphone and microphone jack
- Up to 50 programmable macros, via 10 dedicated macro keys and 5 profiles
- Detachable USB cable
- Removable wrist rest (attaches via magnets)
- Blue LED illumination
- 6 different brightness levels, with an additional Pulse lighting effect
- 5 different pre-configured light zone combinations
- Instant-Switch-System (I.S.S) allows for instant access to all stored macros, without changing profiles
- World’s first 5 year warranty on a mechanical gaming keyboard.
|NO. OF MACRO KEYS||10 KEY X 5 SET|
|NO. OF GAME PROFILES||5|
|DIMENSION||503 X 156.2 X 43 MM|
|MEMBRANE, MECHANICAL, PLUNGER||TT CERTIFIED MECHANICAL BLUE|
|ON-BOARD MEMORY SIZE||YES, 64KB|
|POLLING RATE||1,000 HZ|
|BACK-LIGHT||YES, FULL BLUE LED BACKLIGHT|
|ON-BOARD AUDIO JACKS||YES|
|USB CABLE DETACHABLE||YES|
|ON-BOARD USB PORT||2|