Motorola DROID ULTRA 4G LTE Smartphone Debuts for Verizon
Meet the fiercest triple threat you’ve ever seen: Introducing the new DROID family of smartphones
By Kristine Mulford – Motorola
Today, Motorola and Verizon announced three new DROIDs that combine bold design and incredible performance with innovative software. DROID ULTRA, DROID MAXX and DROID MINI represent the pinnacle of the smartphone food chain.
- Motorola DROID ULTRA: The thinnest 4G LTE smartphone available in glossy color KEVLAR® composites.
- Motorola DROID MAXX: The longest-lasting 4G LTE smartphone giving you up to 48 hours of battery performance1 on a single charge.
- Motorola DROID MINI: The super compact device that proves power comes in all sizes.
These DROIDs have a clean, premium look and feel. All three take DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber to the extreme with a unique 3D design that wraps around the entire device creating a never before seen composite unibody. Glossy red and black color composites on DROID ULTRA and DROID MINI make these devices look as incredible as they perform while a soft touch finish gives DROID MAXX’s tough exterior a luxurious feel.
With DROID, performance matters and these DROIDs are our best performing products yet. We’ve re-engineered these devices from the inside out with the Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System which consists of 8 cores including: 2 high-end application processors, 4 graphics processors and 2 unique cores. This computing system makes DROID a finely-tuned machine that enables amazing new software capabilities while providing improved overall performance and extended battery life.
- Touchless Control lets you place phone calls, find directions or search for something, hands-free, even when the device is asleep.
- Active Display provides the information you need to know at all times – like what time it is and whether you have any messages – without illuminating your whole screen or wasting battery.Active Display lights up a portion of your screen and displays notifications without even having to turn on your phone
- With Quick Capture, DROID can go from in your pocket to taking a picture in an instant. Just shake to wake by quickly twisting your wrist and tap anywhere on the screen to snap a pic, or press and hold to capture an action sequence with rapid-fire shots.
The end result: doing things faster and staying connected to what matters most.
These DROIDs also have exclusive features. Just to name a few…
- Share photos and videos with other phones3 within 300 feet in an instant with DROID ZAP, a real-time sharing experience. It’s the fastest and easiest way to share.
- With DROID Command Center, command and control all media sharing settings with a single easy-to-find homescreen widget
- DROID comes preloaded with Ingress, the virtual scavenger hunt game by Google where players choose teams and find sources of mysterious energy. It combines real world landmarks with a virtual world overlayed on top.
Finally, DROID comes with a full ecosystem of new accessories. Motorola has developed this complete suite of accessories in tandem with selected partners; we have portable power solutions, new headsets and wireless speakers from SOL, and a wireless charging2 solution that makes charging your phone very easy.
These DROID smartphones will be available for pre-order online starting today, July 23 at 1 p.m. ET. and they will be available for purchase starting Aug 20. The DROID MINI will be $99.99, the DROID ULTRA will be $199.99 and the DROID MAXX will be $299.99 all with a new two-year customer agreement.
1Based on average user profile. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
2 Feature only available with DROID MAXX and DROID MINI
3 Any Android phone running ICS or later can receive content by downloading DROID Zap on Google Play™. Please note: This app uses data.