Fractal Design Core 3500 Features and Specifications
Many of the features and specifications can be found on the introduction page, however we also wanted to include a more detailed description pertaining to the water cooling capabilities of the Fractal Design Core 3500 case, as well as a complete list of the features that Fractal Design attributed to this case.
This list can also be found on Fractal Design’s website.
Fractal Design Core 3500 Features
- A remarkably spacious mid tower case with bottom-mounted PSU, designed for exceptional airflow and cooling.
- Brushed aluminum-look front panel with a sleek, three-dimensional textured finish
- Superior water cooling support, supporting one 240/280mm radiator in the front and a 240mm radiator in the top
- A large, tinted, acrylic side panel window to show off your build
- Featuring a 140mm rear exhaust fan for optimal cooling
- Total 6 fan slots with three Silent Series R2 140mm fans included
- Motherboard plate with 22mm of cable routing space behind it, for effortless clean installations
- Supports extremely tall tower CPU coolers, up to 180mm in height
- Featuring an integrated three-speed fan controller
- Multiple easy-to-clean dust filters designed into the case to help maintain a dust free interior
- Four vibration dampening hard drive trays for up to four 3.5″ HDDs, all compatible with 2.5″ drives
- HDD trays split into two cages and strategically positioned with a large space in between to support all long graphics cards up to a maximum length of 430mm in the top four slots, and cards up to 295mm in length in the bottom three slots
- Two additional SSD positions behind the motherboard plate
Core 3500 Case Specifications
- Front: 2 – 120/140mm fans (included is 1 hydraulic bearing 140mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Rear: 1 – 120/140mm fan (included is 1 hydraulic bearing 140mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Top: 2 – 120/140mm fan(included is 1 hydraulic bearing 140mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Bottom: 1 – 120/140mm fan (Limits PSU to 170mm in length)
- 1 – integrated fan controller on the backside for up to 3 fans (3-Pin only, Molex powered)
Water Cooling compatibility
- Front –Slim 240 or 280mm radiator. 15mm fan spacing required for full fastening, radiators with 20mm fan spacing fan be used with only the top half fastened to the case. (with lower HDD cage moved to secondary position)
- Front – Thick 240 or 280mm radiators supported with HDD cage in alternate position or completely removed. Motherboards larger than mATX are not fully supported with HDD cage in the tertiary position.
- Top – Slim 240mm radiator (with no components on the upper 11 mm on the motherboard that are taller than 38mm)
- Top – Slim 280mm radiator with slim fans
- Rear – 120/140 mm radiator