GAMDIAS Hephaestus GHS2000 Headset Review
By Jason Vaught
Manufacturer: GAMDIAS Technology Co, Ltd
Product Name: GAMDIAS Hephaestus Multi-Sensorial Gaming Headset
Model Number: GHS2000
UPC: 848475000824 EAN: 4710728309458
Price As Tested: $99.99 ( Amazon | NewEgg )
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been graciously provided by GAMDIAS.
GAMDIAS is a Taiwan based company that specializes in gaming keyboards, mice, and headsets. They’ve branched out recently to include mouse pads and gaming accessories as well. Their products offer a vast array of features that are not commonly found together in this price bracket.
The GAMDIAS Hephaestus GHS2000 Multi-Sensorial Gaming Headset is a feature packed headset promising big sound in a big package. The Hephaestus sports virtual 7.1 surround, built-in cooling, and a unique feature called the blast source identifier. The headset also sports leather ear pads and headband, allowing for a very comfortable gaming experience during long sessions.
The GHS2000’s main attraction, the blast source identifier, is what sets it apart from the rest. GAMDIAS claims that the headset sends out shock waves which can vary by ear depending on what side of your player the blast came from, helping you pinpoint which direction the enemy combatant is located. This will be the main part of our testing, as well as sound quality, microphone quality, and overall durability of the headset.
Features & Specifications
- Virtual 7.1 Channel Effect – Delivery faithful and reverberating simulated 7.1 channel sound effect.
- Microphone Sound Change – Exclusive EOS controlled microphone sound changer, allowing easy high/low pitch tuning.
- Ergonomic Comfort – Leather headband and ear pads for comfort during prolonged gameplay
- Noise Cancelling Mic – Active noise cancellation microphone filters out unwanted noise signal to clear messages to team
- Environment Sound Effect Simulation – Carefully tuned professional gaming acoustic simulator, letting user choose their favorite acoustic environment through simple settings by EOS.
- Blast Source Identifier – Shock waves vary by ear to help pinpoint blast source
- Cooler System – Built-in aluminum heat sink for optimum temperature
- Flexible Mic Arm – Microphone arm can bend in any direction for personalized usage
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||232 x 100 x 216 mm|
|Frequency Range||20 ~ 20KHz|
|Plug Type||Gold-plated USB|
|Sensitivity||117dB +/- 4 dB at 1kHz|
|Microphone Size||6.0 * 5.0mm|
|Microphone Sensitivity||-46dB +/- 3dB|
|Maximum Input Power||100mW|
|Microphone Frequency||100 ~ 10KHz|
|Microphone Impedance||2.2 K Ohms|
|Vibration Frequency||20 ~ 200Hz|
|Vibration Sensitivity||82dB +/- 4dB|
|Vibration Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Vibration Max Input||1W|