BitFenix Fury 550G Alchemy-Sleeved Power Supply Preview
By Olin Coles
Manufacturer: BitFenix Co. Ltd.
Product Name: Fury 550G
Model Number: BFP-FUR-550G-KSXK-RP (550W model)
BFP-FUR-650G-KSXK-RP (650W model), BFP-FUR-750G-KSXK-RP (750W model)
UPC: 886027003169 EAN: 4716779444551
Price As Tested: $138.99 (Amazon | Newegg)
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by BitFenix.
Earlier this year the BitFenix Fury PSU Series was introduced, and quickly gained interest among desktop system builders looking to benefit from the power supply’s individually-sleeved modular cables and 80 PLUS GOLD energy efficiency certification. Builders wanting to manage cables now have the option to choose the connections they need, then cleanly route the sleeved wires through smaller spaces. In this product spotlight, Benchmark Reviews covers the new BitFenix Fury PSU series.
While individually sleeved cables aren’t new, they haven’t be widely available as a finished product to the retail market. The alternative has been custom sleeving, which costs a lot, takes a very long time to complete, and voids the product warranty. When you buy a BitFenix Fury power supply unit, not only does it come with a complete collection of individually-sleeved modular cables and the highest energy efficiency rating, but it also comes with an industry leading five-year product warranty.
BitFenix gives a name to their braided cables: Nanosleeve. Each cable has been individually sleeved with Alchemy, a tightly-braided nylon cloth covering that completely conceals the wire inside. BitFenix strives to use minimal amounts of heat-shrink tubing, which helps keep the cables looking good while remaining flexible.
All BitFenix Fury power supplies are certified 80PLUS GOLD, ensuring they operate at or beyond 90% energy efficient. A good portion of this efficiency comes from the single rail output design, and quality Japanese capacitors. The unit is cooled by a 135 mm fluid dynamic bearing fan that operates with low noise output for quiet computing.
BitFenix Fury PSUs are presently available online. The 550W model (BFP-FUR-550G-KSXK-RP) sells for $138.99 (Amazon | Newegg). The 650W model (BFP-FUR-650G-KSXK-RP) sells for $159.99 (Amazon | Newegg). The 750W model (BFP-FUR-750G-KSXK-RP) sells for $179.99 (Amazon | Newegg).
BitFenix Fury PSU Highlights
- Nanosleeve Braided Cables – Pre-sleeved for that modded look out-of-the-box
- Signature BitFenix Styling – The first PSU you’d want to show off
- 80Plus Gold Certification – High efficiency for maximum power savings
- Single-rail Design – Supplies optimal power to your components when they need it
- Active Power Factor Correction – Clean power delivery for stable operation
- Elite Components – All Japanese capacitors and 135mm FDB fan for reliability and long life
- BitShield Six-Point Protection – Complete protection for your system from power anomalies
- Five-Year Warranty – Built to last with BitFenix quality