Silicon Motion Ferri-eMMC and FerriSSD Embedded Memory Solutions Announced
· New Ferri-eMMC™, a cost-effective and highly reliable single-package embedded memory fully compliant with JEDEC-standard eMMC 4.5 protocols for industrial and commercial applications
· New SATA 6Gb/s FerriSSD®, an ultra-high performance, cost-effective and highly reliable single-package embedded memory for industrial and commercial applications
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NasdaqGS: SIMO) (“Silicon Motion” or the “Company”), a global leader in designing and marketing NAND flash controllers for solid state storage devices, today introduces new additions to its Ferri portfolio with single-package Ferri-eMMC™ and ultra-high performance SATA 6Gb/s FerriSSD® embedded memory solutions supporting industrial and commercial grade temperatures. Silicon Motion will be showcasing and demonstrating these new products at the upcoming EE Live! Conference and Expo in San Jose, CA from April 1 to 3.
Ferri-eMMC™ is designed for a wide range of embedded applications and is fully compliant with JEDEC-standard eMMC 4.5 protocol. With a 100-ball 1.0mm pitch BGA package, Ferri-eMMC™ provides for more flexible PCB design and low-cost manufacturing. Ferri-eMMC™ delivers market leading data integrity and protection capabilities featuring Silicon Motion’s advanced NAND management technologies including error correction, bad block management and NAND health monitoring. New Ferri-eMMC™ parts:
· SM667 for high reliability applications that require up to 30K Program/Erase (P/E) cycles
· SM661 for cost effective systems with less stringent endurance requirements
Silicon Motion’s latest FerriSSD® products are single-package SATA 6Gb/s SSDs that feature embedded DRAM to enhance data storage efficiency and increase performance. These highly integrated solutions embed Silicon Motion’s NAND flash controller, industry standard NAND flash memory and DRAM in a small 90-ball, 1.0mm pitch BGA package (16x20x2mm). The embedded DRAM extends the SSD life and delivers best-in-class performance of up to 80,000 random IOPs. These solutions also leverage advanced Silicon Motion technologies including PowerShield, DataPhoenix, Intelligent Scan DataRefresh, SSDLifeGuard® health-monitoring, remote firmware update, and other patented proprietary features. New FerriSSD® parts:
· SM659 for high reliability applications that require up to 30K Program/Erase (P/E) cycles
· SM619 for cost effective systems with less stringent endurance requirements
“We are very excited to add new Ferri-eMMC™ and SATA 6Gb/s FerriSSD® products to our successful portfolio of Ferri solutions. With our expanded product range, we are better able to bring industrial-grade and commercial-grade, single-package SSD solutions to an increasingly wide range of embedded applications, such as server, thin client, POS, office automation, HMI devices, factory automation, gaming, medical equipment, surveillance and in-vehicle infotainment that require eMMC 4.5 or faster SATA 3.1 performance,” said Wallace Kou, President and CEO of Silicon Motion. “Industrial and commercial devices that require instant boot-up and reduced operating system and software load time benefit from our highly reliable, high endurance, compact single-package SSDs.”
Key Features and Benefits:
Ferri-eMMC™ (SM667 and SM661): cost-effective and highly reliable single-package embedded memory fully compliant with JEDEC-standard eMMC 4.5 and incorporates industry-leading capabilities and technologies including:
· Advanced ECC management, wear leveling and DataRefresh features to offer the best data retention and the most robust protection against read disturbance
· Advanced system level protection against unstable power to deliver robust data protection
· Available in both commercial (-25℃ to 85℃) and industrial temperature grades (-40℃ to 85℃)
· Small form factor (14x18x1.4mm) in a 100-ball, 1.0mm ball pitch BGA package
· Available in 2GB to 32GB configurations
FerriSSD® (SM659 and SM619): ultra-high performance, highly reliable and cost-effective single-package SATA 6Gb/s SSDs that incorporate industry-leading capabilities and technologies including:
· Delivers up to 75,000 random read IOPS and up to 80,000 random write IOPS (NCQ depth = 32)
· Embedded DRAM to enable the lowest Write Amplification to extend SSD life span
· Advanced ECC management, wear leveling, Intelligent Scan and DataRefresh features to offer the best data retention and the most robust protection against read disturbance
· Available in both commercial (0℃ to 70℃) and industrial temperature grades (-40℃ to 85℃)
· Small form factor (16x20x2mm) in a 90-ball, 1.0mm ball pitch BGA package
· Available in 8GB to 64GB configurations
Silicon Motion’s new Ferri-eMMC™ (SM667 and SM661) and FerriSSD® (SM659 and SM619) are now sampling.
Silicon Motion’s complete Ferri portfolio is available in PATA, SATA and eMMC protocols using either MLC or SLC NAND flash. Silicon Motion has a global network of local support teams that can optimize Ferri solutions based on customer systems and requirements. All Ferri solutions are fully tested at both the wafer and package level and are 100% screened to meet strict performance and quality standards.
FerriSSD®, Ferri-eMMC™, and our other NAND flash controllers and embedded graphics products will be demonstrated at booth #1908 at the EE Live! Conference and Expo. For more information on Silicon Motion, please go to http://www.siliconmotion.com.
About Silicon Motion:
We are a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets high performance, low-power semiconductor solutions to OEMs and other customers in the mobile storage and mobile communications markets. For the mobile storage market, our key products are microcontrollers used in solid state storage devices such as SSDs, eMMCs and other embedded flash applications, as well as removable storage products. For the mobile communications market, our key products are handset transceivers and mobile TV IC solutions. Our products are widely used in smartphones, tablets, and industrial and commercial applications. For further information on Silicon Motion, visit www.siliconmotion.com.