Corsair Carbide Air 540 Cube Case Review
By Tom Jaskulka
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Corsair.
Corsair began as a company in 1994 by providing L2 cache modules to OEMs – to anyone familiar with modern CPUs, it is easy to see why Corsair has expanded to enthusiast oriented power supplies and RAM modules. With a background in high-performance memory for servers, Corsair has expanded to include SSDs, CPU coolers, peripherals and computer cases.
Starting with the Obsidian series, Corsair has systematically released a chassis to tackle almost every segment. With most of the segments covered, Corsair has rethought the ATX case and has released something a little… different. Launching at the top of the Carbide series (designed to be focused on performance and high-end features, while still being accessible to every builder), the Carbide Air 540 cube-style computer case brings a unique option to the series. Benchmark Reviews tests to see if it’s worth the $139.99 price of admission.
Cube style cases aren’t new, they just aren’t very common. The arrangement allows for some interesting advantages though, let’s take a look and see what those might be.
Features & Specifications
- Warranty: Two years
- Dimensions: 415mm x 332mm x 458mm
- MB Support: ATX, EATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX
- Expansion Slots: 8
- Form Factor: Mid-tower
- Material: Steel and plastic
- Front I/O: (x2) USB 3.0
- (x1) Headphone
- (x1) Mic
- Power Supply: ATX (not included)
- Dual-chamber Direct Airflow Path™ design for outstanding cooling potential
- Clever, space-saving design still offers lots of internal volume
- Includes three High Performance Air Series AF140L fans for better, quieter cooling
- Tons of expansion room for high performance air cooling and liquid cooling
- Full side panel window
- Front dust filter
- Black interior
- Cable routing cutouts with rubber grommets
- CPU cutout in motherboard tray for easy CPU cooler swap-out
- Dual front USB 3.0 ports with internal connector
- Headphone, Microphone front ports
- Eight expansion slots for quad GPU installations
- Fan Mount Locations:
- Front: 2 x 140mm (included), 3 x 120mm (pre-spaced for radiators)
- Top: 2 x 140mm or 2 x 120mm (pre-spaced for radiators)
- Rear: 1 x 140mm (included) or 1 x 120mm
- Dual 3.5” hot swap bays
- Four 2.5” tool-free SSD drive cages
- Maximum GPU Length 320mm
- Maximum CPU Cooler Height 170mm
- Maximum PSU length 200mm
Specifications taken from the manufacturer’s product page.