D-Link DAP-2695 and DAP-1665 Dual Band Access Points Announced
DAP-2695 and DAP-1665 are First in New Line of AC Standalone Access Points for Small and Medium Businesses
D-Link, the networking solutions provider for small business and medium enterprise IT environments, today announced its first 802.11ac solutions in a new line of standalone business-class access points – the AC1750 Concurrent Dual Band Access Point with PoE (DAP-2695) and the AC1200 Dual Band Access Point (DAP-1665). The DAP-2695 offers network administrators secure and manageable dual-band wireless LAN options utilizing the cutting-edge speed of 802.11ac wireless technology, along with premium features such as support for Power over Ethernet (PoE) and a plenum-rated housing. Designed for budget conscious IT managers, the DAP-1665 offers cutting-edge 802.11ac performance without the premium features.
“More and more network administrators are looking at wireless LANs (WLANs) as an integral part of the core network due to the convergence of new performance requirements and the emerging 802.11ac standard”
“More and more network administrators are looking at wireless LANs (WLANs) as an integral part of the core network due to the convergence of new performance requirements and the emerging 802.11ac standard,” said Mike Hardy, vice president of channel and enterprise sales, D-Link Systems, Inc. “D-Link’s new 802.11ac Access Points offer versatile and high performing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses with network infrastructures that are ready to upgrade from 802.11n.”
About the DAP-2695 AC1750 Access Point with PoE
The DAP-2695 delivers reliable, high-speed wireless performance using the latest 802.11ac standards with maximum wireless signal rates of up to 450 Mbps over the 2.4 GHz band and 1300 Mbps over the 5 GHz band1. Wireless AC performance coupled with Wi-Fi Multimedia™ (WMM) support and Quality of Service (QoS) feature make the access point ideal for high-demand business applications. The DAP-2695 also supports band steering and airtime fairness. When enabled, band steering detects and steers 5 GHz capable clients away from the overcrowded 2.4 GHz network to the less congested 5 GHz network. Airtime fairness allocates time equally among clients, so each client can transmit at its highest speed regardless of location or 802.11 standard version. The DAP-2695 allows small and medium businesses and enterprise network administrators to deploy a highly manageable and extremely robust simultaneous dual-band wireless network. Additional features include:
• Highly Secure Network – Maintains a highly secure network with a range of features including WPA/WPA2, Wireless LAN segmentation, and VLAN support
• Flexible Operation – Supports a range of modes including an Access Point, Wireless Distribution System (WDS) with Access Point, a WDS/Bridge, or Wireless Client
• Placement Flexibility – Plenum-rated, offers two Gigabit Ethernet ports, and has integrated 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) support
• Network Management – Provides multiple options including web (HTTP), Secure Socket Layer, Secure Shell and Telnet; offers D-Link AP Manager II, or D-View SNMP management module to configure multiple access points from a single location
• Leading Industry Support – Comes with the D-Link Limited Lifetime Warranty
About the DAP-1665 AC1200 Dual Band Access Point
With a street price typically under $100, the DAP-1665 is an affordable, high-powered 802.11ac access point capable of delivering combined speeds of up to 1200 Mbps1 over two bands. Use the 2.4 GHz band’s 300 Mbps for web surfing, email and chat, while simultaneously using the lower-interference 5 GHz band’s 867 Mbps for network bridging, downloading, video streaming, and file transfers. For wired connections, the DAP-1665’s Gigabit LAN port enables wired data speeds of up to 1000 Mbps to bring wireless AC performance to Gigabit-compatible wired devices. Additional features include:
• Wireless and Wired LAN – Offers the latest 802.11ac wireless technology and is backwards-compatible with 802.11n/g/a clients; two external antennas increase range
• Multiple Operation Modes – Operates as an access point, bridge, bridge with access point, repeater, or wireless client, giving the flexibility to meet a variety of networking requirements
• Robust Wireless Security – Complete set of security encryption standards including WPA/WPA2 to safeguard against network intruders and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to easily add new wireless devices
The new DAP-2695 and DAP-1665 are currently available through D-Link’s vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors. Detailed specifications are available at D-Link’s website or call the D-Link U.S. sales team at 888-331-8686.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/d-link) and Spiceworks (http://community.spiceworks.com/networking/d-link).
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2014 D-Link. All Rights Reserved
1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 and draft 802.11ac specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.