Velodyne Wi-Q 12 Wireless Subwoofer Introduced
Velodyne’s Three Decades of Bass Technology Innovation Culminate In Powerful, Feature-Rich Subwoofer That Goes Anywhere – Without Clumsy Wires
Put the “boom” anywhere in the room with Velodyne’s Wireless Wi-Q® 12-inch subwoofer, which makes its official debut at 2014 International CES in Las Vegas, under way from Jan. 7 through Jan. 10.
The Wi-Q is the culmination of three decades of leadership in subwoofer technology by audio pioneer Velodyne (www.velodyne.com) and is affordable, powerful and feature-rich. With no clumsy wires, it can be quickly integrated into any entertainment system – in any location within 50 feet (15 m) – or concealed in custom cabinetry.
“Velodyne’s wireless Wi-Q subwoofers put the boom anywhere you want in a room by eliminating awkward cables that limit optimal placement of a subwoofer and maximize bass performance,” said Marta Hall, president of Velodyne. “You’ll get incredible output, stunning impact and deep-bass performance no matter where you place it.”
Dubbed “The Smart Sub,” the Wi-Q series of wireless subwoofers offer:
- Remote control set-up and operation, including Auto EQ, presets, night mode, volume control and phase adjustment
- Efficient green digital amplifiers that accurately reproduce ultra-low frequencies
- High output extended excursion drivers engineered with vented pole pieces and dual layer large copper voice coils specifically matched with 7.40 lb. magnets to provide dramatic bass you can feel
- Velodyne’s exclusive distortion limiting system, designed to achieve maximum performance without overdriving and to achieve deeper bass extension, bigger impact and less distortion
- Flexible crossover with subwoofer direct: an adjustable 40 Hz-120 Hz low-pass crossover enables the sub to ideally match any main speakers. The subwoofer direct feature allows the Wi-Q to play the output of the LFE channel of a 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel receiver unaltered, assuring the highest levels of performance
The Wireless Wi-Q 12 Subwoofer is available at Velodyne.com. MSRP: $899.
Founded in 1983 and based in California’s Silicon Valley, Velodyne, Inc. is a diversified technology company known worldwide for its high-performance audio equipment and high-definition LiDAR sensors for autonomous vehicle applications. The company is widely recognized as the leading manufacturer of high-performance, low distortion powered subwoofers and an expanding line of technically innovative in-ear and over-ear audio products with interchangeable custom-designed skins that enable audiophiles to personalize the look of their headphones. Velodyne products are available online at www.velodyne.com and from a select group of authorized dealers, custom installers and distributors worldwide. Since 2007, Velodyne’s LiDAR division has emerged as a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-definition LiDAR sensor technology used in a variety of commercial autonomous vehicle applications, including 3D mapping and surveying. For more information, visit www.velodynelidar.com.