Corsair Obsidian 250D Mini-ITX Case Announced
Corsair’s Obsidian Series 250D Is Mini-ITX Without Compromise
Corsair, a world leader in high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the immediate availability of the Obsidian SeriesTM 250D performance Mini-ITX PC case. Bringing the sophisticated and minimalist design of the Obsidian series to a new smaller size, the 250D is Corsair’s first chassis built exclusively for the increasingly popular Mini-ITX form factor. Brushed aluminum and solid steel construction combine with a compact frame that refuses to settle between size, looks or flexibility.
Corsair’s smallest case to date, the Obsidian 250D means your PC no longer needs to dominate your desk, instead easily fitting on a book case, sitting beside your HDTV or carried away to a LAN party or dorm. Despite its diminutive size 250D supports not only many of the more popular performance Mini ITX motherboards, but also a wide range of full-size high-performance components, including many of Corsair’s Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers, allowing users to push their PC to the limit. The 250D also continues the elegant aesthetic legacy of the Obsidian series, combining a brushed aluminum fascia and sleek panels with a roof-mounted window to reveal the hardware inside.
“Thanks to the increasingly high performance of Mini-ITX boards, it is now possible to build an extremely powerful yet compact system,” said Xavier Lauwaert, Director of Product Marketing at Corsair. “The Obsidian 250D is made for users who want a smaller PC but don’t want to limit their hardware choices. With support for large liquid coolers, full-length graphics cards and full-size modular power supplies, 250D is Mini-ITX without compromise.”
Obsidian Series 250D Specifications
- Expansion Room
- Two expansion slots and 290mm of internal clearance allow the use of any current stock graphics card.
- Supports all modern ATX power supplies, with 200mm of PSU clearance
- Two tool-free 3.5”/2.5” combo bays
- Two tool-free 2.5” only bays
- Full-size 5.25” drive bay
- Two front mounted USB 3.0 ports for easy peripheral or external storage device connection.
- Cooling Flexibility
- Two high-airflow fans are included (1x AF140L and one 1x AF120L) for excellent airflow and low noise levels.
- Room for up to 5 fans
- Radiator compatibility:
- Front – 120mm or 140mm
- Side – 120mm/240mm
- Storage Layout Options
- Modular toolless drive caddies can be accessed from the rear of the case.
- A pair of 3.5”/2.5” drives and two 2.5” only drives can be simultaneously mounted.
- Full-size 5.25” optical drive bay.
- Builder Friendly Features
- Thumbscrew side panel removal and expansion slots.
- Tool-free 3.5”, 2.5”, and 5.25” drive bays.
- Easily accessible (and removable) front, side, and PSU dust filters.
- Excellent cable routing with multiple tie-down points for improved airflow and cleaner, neater builds.
- Two USB 3.0 ports and headphone/mic jacks in the front panel for easy access.
- Dimensions and Weight
- Height x Width x Depth
- 11.4 x 10.9 x 13.81 inches
- 290mm x 277mm x 351.2mm
- 4.42 kg
- 9.7 lbs
- Height x Width x Depth
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The Obsidian Series 250D has a suggested retail price of $89.99 in the US and will be available in late January from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It is backed with a limited 2-year warranty and Corsair’s excellent customer service and technical support.
To learn more about Corsair PC cases, please visit:
Visit Corsair at CES 2014 in Las Vegas
Corsair will be showcasing the Obsidian 250D case at CES 2014 in Las Vegas from January 7-10. The products will be shown by appointment only in Corsair’s press suite at the Venetian.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company’s award-winning products include DDR3 memory upgrades, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, system monitoring and control devices, PC cooling products, and computer cases.