Raidmax Cobra Mid-Tower Case Review
By Meng Vang
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Raidmax.
The Raidmax Cobra comes in a variety of different colors: Black, Red, Blue, White, and Titanium. We will be looking at the black one for this review. The Raidmax Cobra Black Steel Mid-Tower ATX Case will fit the bill of many consumers on a tight budget. Without spending a whole lot of money, the Raidmax Cobra offers many features that only some of the bigger and more expensive cases have. It provides tool-less drive bays, adequate space for cable management thanks to its wide body design, and four internal 2.5″ drive bays for laptop hard drives and even SSD’s, which is crazy for a case in this price range. The Raidmax Cobra also provides great airflow for high performance air cooling along with the option for a custom water cooling system. Thanks to two water cooling retention holes at the back of the case, a custom water cooling system can be installed into this case. With so many high-end features, this makes the Raidmax Cobra a very competitive case due to its aggressive pricing.
Right off the bat, the case already looks like a cobra from the front. With a very mean and stylish look from the front of the Raidmax Cobra, this is great for consumers who are looking into a more fancier and “gamer-like” exterior design. Preinstalled with a front 120mm green LED fan and one traditional 120mm rear fan, the Raidmax Cobra comes ready to use out from the box. However, consumers also have the option to install two (2) 120mm top fans or two (2) 140mm top fans or one (1) 180mm top fan and one (1) 120mm bottom fan. This gives the user a lot of flexibility when wanting to have the best air cooling possible. Disappointingly, the Raidmax Cobra does come with a side window but a fan cannot be mounted to it. But having the option to add many fans to the top and bottom of the case will be far more sufficient when cooling a low to mid power consuming system.
Now let’s have a closer look at the Raidmax Cobra Black Steel Mid-Tower ATX Case. I will go through all of the important features and specifications that will be essential when building with this case.
Features and Specifications
- Exclusive wide body design: From 210mm wide max to 240mm, the RAIDMAX Cobra’s body makes more space for cable management and extra high CPU heatsinks. This chassis offers 25mm space between the side panel and the motherboard for easy cable management. It supports up to 176mm CPU heatsinks.
- Air cooling and water cooling upgrade, both available: 1 x 120mm green LED fan and 1 x 120mm rear fan were preinstalled for right out of box cooling. To get more cooling, you can install 2 x120mm or 2 x 140mm or 1 x 180mm top fan and one 120mm bottom fan. Water cooling solutions are also supported with two retention holes. Also, the bottom PSU fan filter prevents dust buildup.
- Easy to install and use: The slide out side panel handle allows you to access the chassis painlessly. The 5.25” ODD cage with three external bays features tool-free installation design. On the upper part of the front panel are smart one-click smart covers for easy ODD access. The 3.5” HDD cage with 3 internal drive bays and the 2.5” HDD cage with four internal bays are equipped with rail slide HDD rack technology for effortless hard drive or SSD installation. Your HDD configuration and expand will be a breeze.
- Easily communicates with peripherals: The front mounted USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and audio ports offers convenient communication between your host PC and peripherals.
- External drive bays: 3 X 5.25″
- Internal drive bays: 3 X 3.5″ H.D., 4 X 2.5″ SSD
- System board: 10” X 12” Max size ATX form factor / Micro ATX
- Expansion slots: Standard ATX 7 Slots
- I/O Ports: 1 X USB 3.0 + 1 X USB 2.0 / 2 x Audio
- Dimensions: 525(L) X 240(W) X 460(H)mm