Samsung 890 Series LED HDTVs at HITEC 2013
By Samsung Electronics America
Samsung Electronics America, a display market leader and award-winning technology innovator, announced today that it will be showcasing its 2013 lineup of LED Smart TVs for the hospitality industry at HITEC 2013, he world’s largest hospitality technology show. Samsung will be showcasing a variety of LED TVs and software solutions for the hospitality market, including the new 890 Series LED TVs, which feature its LYNC™ SINC content management system, at the Minneapolis Convention Center, Booth #115, from June 24-27.
“Hotels are striving to keep up with the increasing demands of today’s tech-savvy traveler and working to provide experiences that keep guests coming back,” said Jonas Tanenbaum, Vice President of Hospitality at Samsung Electronics America. “Samsung is delivering industry-leading Smart TV LED technology that caters to the technology-centric preferences of today’s guests, as well as providing the software solutions that help make managing these technologies easy, cost effective and efficient for hoteliers.”
The Samsung 890 Series combines superior picture quality and enhanced energy efficiency in a sleek form factor to help hoteliers deliver the ultimate in-room guest experience. Available in three sizes – 46”, 55” and 65”– the 890 Series meets the needs and space of virtually any hotel environment, from a standard room to a suite. In addition, each display is a Smart TV, giving guests a whole new level of interactivity that is exclusive to Samsung. With Smart TV 2.0, hotels can now offer guests mobile device support, with embedded features and access to a multitude of apps and widgets as part of the in-room entertainment and content experience. Designed with operational efficiency in mind, the 890 Series also provides hoteliers with the ability to manage content remotely, saving both energy and costs.
- Premium Edge-Lit Ultra-thin LED Technology – edge-lit LED technology provides the brilliance and energy saving advantages of LED technology, along with the uniform brightness found in CCFL displays. This makes it possible for hoteliers to upgrade their rooms to LED technology for a cost comparable to that of CCFL technology.
- Samsung LYNK ™ SINC – this IP-based content management solution delivers enhanced HTML and rich text with protocols that enable communication between Samsung Interactive TVs and a hotel’s property management software. Facility managers have the ability to completely customize the in-room entertainment by unlocking rich content from the Samsung Hospitality Widget Library, including Facebook, Twitter, AccuWeather, Google Maps and more.
- Samsung LYNK REACH 2.0 – the Samsung REACH 2.0 (Remote Enhanced Active Control for Hotels) content management system is used in conjunction with an existing coaxial- based infrastructure. It provides centralized TV controls, basic static content management capabilities and an Interactive Program Guide (IPG). It also enables property managers to easily update and change information using a Windows-based system.
- H-Browser Compatibility – the 890 Series offers Samsung’s proprietary H-Browser platform, which is made available through strategic alliances with integrators such as Guest-Tek. Built on the HTML5 standard with Flash support, H-Browser is a true Smart TV solution that provides guests with a premium interactive experience and features both free and video on demand (VOD) content. It is able to interface directly with the head end, whether the head end is located on or off the hotel premises.
- Mobile Device Integration via AllShare Cast – Samsung AllShare Cast makes it possible for hotel guests to seamlessly share content across DLNA connected Samsung devices, including WIDI, without the need for a network cable or a connecting device. AllShare Cast also allows screen mirroring and video streaming to enable seamless content sharing between personal mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to the hotel room television.