NEC PH1400U 14K Lumens Digital Projector Available
By NEC Display Solutions of America
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the new PH1400U digital projector with unique 3-chip DLP system. This professional installation model can operate 24/7 and is designed for higher education, house of worship, corporate and retail environments by providing 14,000 center screen lumens (13,500 ANSI lumens).
Powered by a unique 3-chip 0.96-inch DLP system, the PH1400U is a WUXGA resolution projector featuring a compact design that creates quality, larger-than-life images under virtually any operating condition to take on the most demanding integration projects. It joins the PH1000U in the high bright category, creating a family of projectors to support a larger spectrum of installations. It is the third projector in NEC’s lineup to offer Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), the first industry-wide standardization in option slots to simplify installation, use and maintenance while offering input flexibility. It supports multiple input cards, including an HD/SD-SDI and single board computer (SBC).
“The PH1400U is designed for venues where there is high ambient light and the need for a large screen size,” said Rich McPherson, Sr. Product Manager of projectors for NEC Display Solutions. “Its capabilities give the AV market a powerful tool for the most demanding application requirements.”
The PH1400U uses Integrated Device Technology HQV™, a high-performance video processing and scaling system designed for computer signals, as well as standard or high-definition video. This technology produces superior video processing using pixel-based, motion-adaptive de-interlacing to remove undesirable motion artifacts typical of interlaced signals. The outcome is a life-like image, which is especially useful in video conferencing applications.
The PH1400U includes the following features:
- Stunning projected content delivered by 14,000-center screen lumen (13,500 ANSI lumen) brightness and 2000:1 contrast ratio
- 3-Chip DLP and 1920 x 1200 WUXGA native resolution enable sharp images
- Dual UHP lamps with lamp life up to 3000 hours in ECO Mode™
- Future-proofed investment with the Open Pluggable Specification option slot, including an HD/SD SDI input card and SBC
- Best-in-class connectivity, which includes HDMI with HDCP, DisplayPort, three computer inputs, component and S-Video, Stereo (3D) via DVI dual link input
- Edge blending technology, which creates panoramic images with multiple projectors
- Stacking capability (up to 56,000 lumens with four projectors)
- Complete line of six bayonet-style lenses with powered zoom, focus and lens shift
- Lens Memory, which controls lens attributes (zoom, focus, shift) based on input resolution and input selection
- Cornerstone correction, which helps display the image properly when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen
- Geometric correction, which allows the projector to display square-looking images on cylindrical, spherical or cornered screens
- DICOM simulation for medical applications
- PIP/side-by-side, which allows two sources to be displayed on the screen at one time
The PH1400U projector ships with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in June 2013 at a minimum advertised price of $59,999 (without lens). Education customers receive an additional year on their warranties, and Star Student customers receive an additional two years. To register for Star Student, visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.